Sony may be making headlines with its push into drones, but the Japanese company’s Android smartphones are still what command a loyal following and get many fans excited.
Last week, leaked renders of Microsoft’s upcoming flagship Lumia phones for its Windows 10 mobile launch surfaced, and today it’s Sony’s turn to take the spotlight (again) thanks to a leaked video interview uploaded Sunday (in French).
We already saw three leaked press images of the Sony Xperia Z5 last Thursday, courtesy of an apparent slip by Sony Mobile’s social media channels (we’ve included the pictures below, via Xperia Blog), but this is the first time we’re seeing the three Z5 models in video.
The man being interviewed in the video is Olivier Terme, director of marketing over at Sony Mobile Communications. The company is expected to officially announce the new Z5 phones as early as Wednesday, ahead of the IFA 2015 trade show in Berlin that kicks off Friday.
Here are the rumoured specs that we can expect to see:
- 5.2-inch screen, full HD 1080 x 1920 resolution (a smaller 4.6-inch display with a 720 x 1280 resolution is expected for the Xperia Z5 Compact, and a 5.5-inch screen with 4K resolution for the Xperia Z5 Premium)
- 23MP rear camera that can shoot 4K video
- Snapdragon 810, octa-core 2.0GHz CPU + Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint scanner on the side
We’ve reached out to Sony to see if they want to comment on the video leak, and we’ll update you if we hear back.
In the meantime, you can check out the full video below (head down past the video for the leaked photos from last week):
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform
- networking features, and more