CHANDLER, Ariz.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–February 8, 2016–
Trinity Capital Investment (Trinity), a leading provider of venture loans and equipment leases to emerging, venture growth-stage companies, today announced results for the year ended December 31, 2015. The Company funded 22 portfolio companies totaling $92 million.
The 2015 funding includes providing senior venture loans and equipment lease financing solutions to the portfolio companies of top-tier venture capital firms in the United States as well as providing subordinated debt incremental to senior debt facilities from top-tier technology bank lenders. Trinity funded $89 million supporting new loans and leases in the marketplace and $2.8 million of follow-on investments to existing customers in 2015.
“It has been an exciting year, with many important funding and performance milestones for the companies in the portfolio. The entire team has delivered exceptional performance for our customers and the fund,” said Steve Brown, Trinity’s Founder and Managing Partner.
In 2015, Trinity provided venture loans and equipment leases including:
- $54 million to portfolio companies in the software, cloud computing and IT solutions space including Crowdtap, Resilinc, Convercent, Gtxcel, Sensity Systems, Catalogic Software, Utility Associates, Integrate, Upsight, and Replay Technologies.
- $16.6 million in the consumer and retail industry including Trendly, 2Checkout, JustFab, Sirrus Chemistry and Nomi.
- $7 million to companies in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector including NextImage Medical and Pointright.
- $5 million to Imergy Power Systems, a leader in stationary energy storage solutions using an innovative flow battery technology.
- $4.4 million to clean technology companies including Reterro and Solar Universe, one of the largest residential solar installers in the United States.
- $5 million to portfolio company Aspen Avionics, an American aircraft avionics manufacturer.
“The debt capital we provide to our portfolio companies gives them the ability to grow at an accelerated pace,” commented Alex Erhart, Partner, Trinity Capital Investment. “As we work closely with the companies in the portfolio to support their accelerated growth strategies and unique business objectives, we are gaining a reputation for being a valued partner long after the first transaction is closed.”
Trinity works with high-growth venture capital-backed companies to extend their equity runway and/or purchase mission-critical assets to support their growth plans. The company provides $2 to $12 million of senior and subordinated venture loans as well as equipment lease financing solutions. The company has established relationships with all tier-one technology bank lenders and can move quickly to provide incremental debt to an existing senior debt facility.
About Trinity Capital Investment
High-growth venture capital-backed companies turn to Trinity Capital Investment (“Trinity”) as a preferred option for venture loans and equipment leases to fuel their growth and extend their runway. Since 2008, Trinity has worked closely with leading venture capital firms and their respective portfolio companies to offer valuable support, enhanced flexibility and competitive venture debt financing solutions to customers with distinctive needs. The Trinity portfolio includes clients in the software, semiconductors and hardware, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, energy and efficiency, consumer and retail, networking and equipment, and clean technology industries. Having funded some of the world’s most innovative startup companies, Trinity is the partner of choice for venture-backed technology startups wanting an experienced partner to help strengthen their financial position while preserving equity. For more information, please visit www.trincapinvestment.com.