This week, Tech.eu tracked 18 technology M&A transactions and 58 funding deals (totalling €181 million) in Europe and Israel. You can subscribe to our newsletter below to receive all this information in your inbox every Friday afternoon for free, but here’s an overview of the 10 biggest European tech news items for this week:
2) There were also three relatively large acquisitions involving Israel-based companies: Cisco bought Leaba Semiconductor for $380 million, SES PS paid $242 million for RR Media, and RNTS acquired ad tech company Inneractive for $72 million.
3) Spotify’s fundraising rumours continued: TPG in talks to invest $500 million in Spotify in a convertible debt round that could rise to $1 billion.
9) Bill Maris explained the changes in Google Ventures’ European strategy.
10) Zalando’s revenue grew by 33.6 percent in 2015, reaching €2.2 billion.
Bonus link: The father and son VCs behind the new LocalGlobe seed fund (video interview)
You can subscribe to Tech.eu’s newsletter here.
This story originally appeared on Tech.eu. Copyright 2016
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more