The Transform Technology Summits start October 13th with Low-Code/No Code: Enabling Enterprise Agility. Register now!
This week, Tech.eu tracked 18 technology M&A transactions and 60 funding deals (totalling €263 million) in Europe and Israel.
Here’s an overview of the 10 biggest European tech news items for this week:
1) Spanish bank BBVA acquired Finnish FinTech startup Holvi for an undisclosed sum. Holvi’s co-founder Kristoffer Lawson wrote a small post explaining the deal. The company had raised about €2 million from Speedinvest and Seedcamp, among others.
2) Also in the FinTech space, UK’s (and BBVA-backed) Atom Bank made its first acquisition, Grasp, a design and development studio focused on the financial services industry.
4) This week there were at least 6 funding rounds in Europe and Israel worth north of €10 million: AlphaSense (Finland, $33 million), EZBob (UK, £20 million), Staff Finder (Switzerland, €20 million), Property Partner (UK, £15.9 million), Marley Spoon (€15 million, Germany) and Delair-Tech (France, €13 million).
6) Cristina Stenbeck announced that she is stepping down as chairman of Sweden-based investment company Kinnevik.
8) SoundCloud appointed US media veteran Alison Moore as its new chief revenue officer.
10) UK’s Entrepreneur First wants to raise a £40 million fund to invest in companies emerging from its startup factory
Bonus link: Artificial intelligence brings its brains and money to London
You can subscribe to Tech.eu’s newsletter here.
The post appeared first on Tech.eu.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more