Mary Meeker’s 2016 Internet Trends report has arrived.
Over the last 21 years, Meeker’s annual reports have become a major signal for the biggest trends in tech. This year, Meeker, a partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, tackles slowing smartphone sales; the growing mobile ad industry and ad blocking; the video-ification of social; the future of transportation; and the rise of messaging, bots, and voice-based assistants.
Here’s the full report:
Note: Some are pretty obvious.
- Flat growth of global Internet users
- Slowing smartphone adoption
- Google and Facebook’s increasing dominance of the Internet ad biz
- Video is growing fast and photo-sharing is still huge, too
- The growth of messaging
- The significance of searching via your voice and intelligent assistants
- The evolution of autonomous cars
- China is an “Internet leader on many metrics”
- Your data is (maybe) not safe
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more