Mary Meeker’s 2016 Internet Trends report has arrived.
Over the last 21 years, Meeker’s annual reports have become a major signal for the biggest trends in tech. This year, Meeker, a partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, tackles slowing smartphone sales; the growing mobile ad industry and ad blocking; the video-ification of social; the future of transportation; and the rise of messaging, bots, and voice-based assistants.
Here’s the full report:
Note: Some are pretty obvious.
- Flat growth of global Internet users
- Slowing smartphone adoption
- Google and Facebook’s increasing dominance of the Internet ad biz
- Video is growing fast and photo-sharing is still huge, too
- The growth of messaging
- The significance of searching via your voice and intelligent assistants
- The evolution of autonomous cars
- China is an “Internet leader on many metrics”
- Your data is (maybe) not safe
The audio problem: Learn how new cloud-based API solutions are solving imperfect, frustrating audio in video conferences. Access here