New Kony MobileFabric 7 for Amazon Web Services Provides Technology Advances to Increase Mobile App Development Productivity
AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–August 11, 2016–
Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, today announced enhanced support for applications running on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and updates to its offerings in AWS Marketplace. This includes new support for AWS Mobile and IoT offerings that make it easier and faster for mobile app developers using Kony MobileFabric to develop, build and deploy apps on the AWS Cloud.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160811005215/en/
Kony MobileFabric provides a set of enterprise-grade mobile infrastructure services that make it easy for developers to build apps that integrate and support all backend systems. The newly launched Kony MobileFabric 7 is available in AWS Marketplace. Three versions of Kony MobileFabric have been updated, including a free Developer edition, a low-cost Express edition with three-times more capacity, and a fully-featured Standard edition that is offered as a SaaS delivery model. The Standard edition provides high availability and automatic scale-out, along with a 99.95% service level agreement.
“Enterprises still struggle to realize the value of mobile due to the limitations of mobile app development inefficiencies and lack of scalability,” said Dave Shirk, president of Products, Strategy and Marketing, Kony, Inc. “Kony’s enhanced support for AWS Mobile and IoT offerings helps businesses address this challenge by combining the huge productivity advances of the newest version of Kony MobileFabric 7 with the broad reach and cost-effective scale of the AWS Cloud. It’s an unbeatable combination and value we deliver to our customers. Enterprises can now take advantage of new mobile app backend development capabilities, which are much faster and cheaper than what was available before.”
Kony MobileFabric 7 also now includes new features specifically optimized for AWS customers, including:
- AWS API Gateway support: Kony MobileFabric now includes the ability to automatically discover APIs hosted on AWS and exposed through the AWS API Gateway. This allows developers to rapidly build mobile apps that combine AWS-hosted APIs along with Line of Business systems like SAP, Oracle or Salesforce.
- Object Services support: Kony MobileFabric now offers support for its new Object Services on AWS, which enables developers to define or automatically generate application data models hosted on AWS and map them to a set of backend content sources for rapid data integration, modeling and object development.
- AWS cloud storage support: Kony MobileFabric also allows developers to automatically take advantage of AWS-hosted cloud storage for data that may not exist in any backend line-of-business system. When defining data models in Object Services, you may automatically store these objects as relational data that is redundantly persisted on the AWS Cloud.
- AWS IoT Services support: Kony MobileFabric offers a new architecture for building digital applications that take advantage of AWS IoT services. MobileFabric developers can take advantage of AWS services such as AWS Lambda and Amazon Kinesis via the Amazon API Gateway, and also provide support for protocols such as MQTT and CoAP that enable integration with the latest connected IoT devices. This speeds the development of new IoT-enabled business processes.
- Enhanced Cordova support: Kony MobileFabric offers an updated version of its SDK to allow enhanced development by Cordova developers on AWS. This enables mobile developers to rapidly provision the powerful backend services of MobileFabric for their Cordova front-end apps, adding enhanced new levels of powerful integration, API management, security and analytics. Read our whitepaper to learn more about MobileFabric SDK support for Cordova.
- Enhanced SAP Business Suite integration support: Kony MobileFabric offers updated integration with SAP Business Suite. This certified add-in for SAP Business Suite enables SAP customers to quickly and easily extend their business processes to the AWS Cloud to mobilize end to end business processes like field service, sales, or HR. This extends the value of their investments in SAP with customer-centric experiences. The Test Drive for SAP leverages a mobile application integrated to SAP in a hands-on demo environment on AWS.
According to IDC, “Kony’s partnership with Amazon can help Kony create a unique value proposition around a deeply integrated development and deployment experience that builds on AWS’ cloud infrastructure.” (IDC Report Kony: Focused on Successful Mobile App Development in the Enterprise, Published: July 2016).
“By listing in AWS Marketplace, Kony provides customers with an easier way to quickly access its offerings on the scalable and secure environment of AWS, helping them reduce the complexity of mobile back end development,” said Barry Russell, general manager, Global Business Development, AWS Marketplace and Catalog Services, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “By providing pre-integrated access to APIs on the AWS Cloud, Kony allows developers to rapidly assemble and build connected mobile and IoT applications for enterprise customers on AWS.”
Kony is a Technology Partner member of the AWS Partner Network (APN) and has achieved the APN Mobile Competency. Part of the APN Competency Program, designed to connect AWS customers with qualified APN Partners that have demonstrated technical proficiency and proven success in specialized solution and vertical areas, the APN Mobile Competency highlights the top APN Partners with deep experience working with developers and mobile-first businesses to help build, test, analyze and monitor their mobile apps. APN Partners that achieve AWS Competencies are objectively validated as capable of offering a wide variety of services, software and solutions that run on AWS.
Kony was recently named a Leader for the fourth consecutive year in the Gartner June 2016 Magic Quadrant for Mobile App Development Platforms (MADP) report. In addition, Kony was named a “Leader” and earned the highest score in the current offering category in Mobile Infrastructure Services by independent research firm Forrester Research, Inc., according to The Forrester Wave™: Mobile Infrastructure Services report.
For More Information:
- Kony MobileFabric on AWS Marketplace Details: Kony MobileFabric on AWS Marketplace
- Mobilize SAP Business Suite with Kony MobileFabric Details: Free AWS Test Drives
- Connecting Cordova to Kony MobileFabric: MobileFabric support for Cordova
- Whitepaper: MobileFabric Object Services accelerate mobile development from backend systems including via AWS Gateway
About Kony Inc.
Kony is the fastest growing, cloud-based enterprise mobility solutions company and an industry leader among mobile application development platform (MADP) providers. Kony empowers organizations to compete in mobile time by rapidly delivering pre-built, omni-channel mobile apps across the broadest array of devices and systems, today and in the future, with a lower total cost of ownership. Kony’s cross-platform solution helps organizations design, build, configure and manage mobile apps to empower and better engage with customers, partners and employees. Kony was named the first place winner in CTIA’s MobITs Awards in the Mobile Applications, Development & Platforms category and included on the Inc. 500|5000 list of fastest growing private companies in America. Connect with Kony on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more