Join Transform 2021 for the most important themes in enterprise AI & Data. Learn more.
Apple’s 2016 iPhone and Apple Watch keynote kicks off at 10 a.m. Pacific (1 p.m. Eastern / 5 p.m. UTC) on September 7 in San Francisco. Here’s how to watch the event it live:
- Mac: Safari (OS X 10.8.5+)
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch: Safari (iOS 7.0+)
- Windows: Microsoft Edge (Windows 10) or VLC (link)
- Android: VLC (link)
- Apple TV: Apple Events app (2nd generation+ running 6.2+)
- Follow along: on Twitter (@VentureBeat) for the latest breaking Apple news
As we await the next iPhone (the iPhone 7? the 6SE??), here’s an overview of everything the company is (and isn’t) expected to announce.
- New iPhones: Like clockwork, Apple unveils a major iPhone update every other September — it has for eight years — with a smaller refresh in between. Two years ago Apple debuted the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus with a host of changes, and then last year the company refreshed those phones and called them the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. But now we’re hearing Apple’s next big iPhone update won’t arrive this year. Instead, Apple will reportedly update the two-year-old iPhone 6-era design with improved cameras, no headphone jack, fewer antenna lines, processor updates, and a “pressure-sensitive Home button.” It could also feature improved water resistance and a new color.
- Apple Watch updates: The first big update to Apple’s smartwatch is expected to add GPS, a speedier processor, and a larger battery, but it reportedly won’t feature cellular connectivity. Maybe next year?
- New Macs: Nope.
- New Macs: Sorry, that’s what everyone’s saying.
- New Macs: I know, and honestly, what the hell, Apple?!
- Seriously: Apparently updated Macs will arrive later this year — maybe.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform
- networking features, and more