Meet the first remote for everything: Magically control your TV, lights and music and even order an Uber in the most simple and intuitive way
CES 2017 Best of Innovation Honoree in the Smart Home product category
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–November 10, 2016–
Sevenhugs announces the launch of Smart Remote on Kickstarter, allowing users to control any device simply by pointing at it.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161110005435/en/
Meet Smart Remote, the first remote for everything (Graphic: Business Wire)
Sevenhugs’ patent-pending point and control technology enables Smart Remote’s screen to adapt automatically to any device. When a user points at a device, Smart Remote instantly displays custom controls to operate that particular device. Smart Remote is compatible with more than 25,000 devices including Samsung Smart TVs, Philips Hue and LIFX smart bulbs, Sonos speakers, Nest Learning Thermostat and many more.
“Customers today are frustrated that every device requires its own app or controller, which leads to clutter, confusion and wasted time,” says Simon Tchedikian, Sevenhugs’ Co-founder and CEO. “We’ve pushed the boundaries of today’s technologies to build a better solution. For the first time in history, we’ve integrated a precise indoor positioning system in a consumer electronic device, allowing users to control tens of thousands of connected devices in a simple and intuitive way. All you have to do is point at what you want to control.”
Smart Remote unifies the control of your connected home experience:
- Broad Compatibility: Smart Remote works with more than 25,000 devices through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or Infrared, including Samsung Smart TVs, Philips Hue and LIFX smart bulbs, Sonos speakers, Nest Learning Thermostat, and many more.
- Patent-Pending Innovation: Sevenhugs’ patent-pending point and control technology enables Smart Remote’s screen to adapt instantly to any device and display intuitive touch-screen controls customized for each device you point at.
- Powerful Technology: Smart Remote is the first consumer product to combine motion tracking sensors and an indoor positioning system. It allows users to control their devices naturally and intuitively-simply by pointing at them.
- Instant Access to Services: Smart Remote allows you to instantly access popular services like Uber. Order a ride by pointing Smart Remote at your front door or check the weather forecast by pointing at your window.
- Elegant & Thoughtful Design: Designed in collaboration with one of the most iconic and awarded French designers, Pierre Garner of Elium Studio, Smart Remote’s design is beautiful, sleek and intuitive.
- Personalized Control: Smart Remote lets you create custom scenes and control multiple devices at the same time. For example, you can create a movie watching scene that automatically dims the lights when you turn on the TV. Smart Remote also lets you group lights together to control all at once.
- Unlimited Possibilities: Sevenhugs offers an open API and an extensive SDK to support continuous expansion of Smart Remote’s features and services by developers.
Tchedikian adds, “We truly embrace the passion of the Kickstarter community and know that it’s the perfect venue for an innovative product like Sevenhugs’ Smart Remote. We want our backers to help us build the perfect universal remote control and influence the development of what we view as their product. Now, with the help of the Kickstarter community, we’re excited to put the finishing touches on the world’s first truly smart remote.”
Sevenhugs’ Kickstarter campaign goal for Smart Remote is $50,000. Early-bird Kickstarter pricing starts at $99 and its first backers will receive Smart Remote in June ’17. Smart Remote will be available at select retailers in Fall ’17 for $299.99.
Sevenhugs creates connected home products and services designed to simplify the smart home experience. Our goal is to reinvent the way that people interact with technology at home by creating devices that are simple and intuitive to use. Our line of products includes hugOne, the first connected solution that helps the entire family sleep better, and Smart Remote. Based in San Francisco and Paris, Sevenhugs was founded in 2014 by Simon Tchedikian, Steìphane Jaubertou, Lionel Marty, and Olivier Mandine. To date, Sevenhugs raised more than $14M in a recent Series A.