In this week’s episode, Travis and Stewart interview Stan Bokov, who managed to promote his “social network of fintech” to millions of users for free. He explains how this was possible and what lessons were learned along the way. In the news, Alexa and Cortana are getting married.
Travis and Stewart muse on what this means for marketers, and for conversational UI in general. And we cap off this week’s episode with some new research into push notifications and how they are still generating incredible results. How incredible? Almost 10X. Now, how do you like them apples?
By listening to this episode of VB Engage, you will hear:
- Welcome to VB Engage episode 67! [0:10]
- This week we have Stan Bokov, CTO of TradingView, and next week Jason Miller of LinkedIn will be on the show! [01:25]
- There are 567 people named Travis Wright in America, which scares Stewart. [1:50]
- In the news, Alexa and Cortana are partnering up. [02:35]
- Stewart and Travis are not quite sure what Cortana even does. But they have jokes anyway. [04:45]
- Alexa will be able to access Cortana on Windows 10 devices. [05:15]
- Here’s a list of all Cortana commands. [05:35]
- Stewart wrote an article about Mavrck, an influencer marketing platform. [06:40]
- Mavrck is about to identify which influencers are already visiting your site. [07:25]
- Companies like Pardot and Clickagy can do some really interesting identification of visitors and audience-building, but Mavrck is the first of its kind to do this with influencers. [08:30]
- According to a new report from Leanplum, push notifications increase sales by 9.6X! [11:15]
- The “best time to post” is a bogus concept. Find YOUR best time to post, not the average version. [12:00]
- Subscribe to VB Engage on iTunes now!
- Next up is our interview with Stan Bokov, COO of TradingView. [13:05]
- TradingView has over 2 million monthly users in its highly engaged community. [13:45]
- This one-of-a-kind experience allows investors to communicate with one another. [14:40]
- It powers over 30,000 charts. [15:00]
- The key to growth is users recommending the service to their friends. [15:30]
- TradingView leads with product and makes it as comfortable as possible for users to communicate. [16:00]
- The growth has been all organic. [17:20]
- TradingView does give away charts to other sites, and the SEO results have been huge. [18:00]
- The company is growing +15% month over month. [18:30]
- We ask Stan his thoughts on blockchain, ICOs, and Token Generation Events. [19:00]
- Blockchain is a revolutionary technology, and there is a lot of distributed control within the TradingView community. [19:45]
- Blockchain has so many uses; it will not be going away. [21:30]
- Younger people trust technology more than previous generations. [23:00]
- John McAfee recently said that if Bitcoin isn’t at $500,000 in three years, he will chop off body parts on live TV. [24:00]
- “Money is the lubrication for society.” [24:45]
- Connect with Stan on Twitter or LinkedIn. Or email him at Founders[at]tradingview.com
On episode 68 next week, we chat with head of content marketing at LinkedIn, Jason Miller! We talk about content that works to solve your prospect’s problems, rock and roll, and other interesting topics.
If you missed last week’s episode, we interviewed the brilliant, yet very R-rated, Wil Reynolds, one of the leading digital marketing strategy experts. As well as dropping a few F-bombs, Wil revealed the secrets of how to win in today’s marketing environments.
As always, thanks for tuning in to VB Engage.
If you enjoy the show… please give it a quick rating or review on your favorite podcast platform. Just search for VB Engage and make magic happen.