Introduces New Digital Banking Platform and Suite of Apps to Help Banks Deliver Unique Omnichannel Experiences with Greater Agility, Security, and Flexibility
AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–October 18, 2017–
Kony, Inc., the leading enterprise mobility and digital applications company today announced its Next Generation Digital Banking solutions to help banks and credit unions deliver exceptional customer-first experiences across any channel, in a cost-effective manner. As part of Kony’s strategic focus on digital banking, the company disclosed plans to introduce a new Next Generation Digital Banking Platform and a suite of applications.
“Banks and credit unions are committed to meeting the escalating expectations for a seamless, “customer-first” experience,” said Thomas E. Hogan, chairman and CEO, Kony, Inc. “The new Kony Digital Banking Platform, combined with our growing portfolio of banking applications, and our strategic partnership with Diebold Nixdorf, will enable us to achieve our vision to facilitate banking anytime, anywhere, and through any channel – both physical and digital.”
Kony’s Next Generation Digital Banking Platform is the industry’s first purpose-built platform for digital banking that allows banks to deliver exceptional customer experiences seamlessly and securely across all of its banking services and channels. The new suite of digital banking applications that Kony will release, starting in Spring of 2018, will include digital banking apps for retail banking, business banking, loans, new account onboarding, and digital wallet. In addition, Kony is launching its Digital Banking Marketplace that features an ecosystem of partner services and components to help speed the app development process.
According to a survey conducted by Wakefield Research, 62 percent of global banking executives said they are not completely satisfied with the overall user experience of their mobile apps; and 98 percent reported that their employees or divisions had requested new apps or app features, and 99 percent reported that their companies would benefit from specific types of apps.
“In the past, credit unions distinguished themselves by providing direct person-to-person interaction. Today, the challenge that we face is translating this traditional approach to a more digital interaction,” said John Janclaes, president and CEO, Partners Federal Credit Union. “Our cast members of The Walt Disney Company are increasingly expecting to do banking anywhere at any time. As our strategic partner, we rely on Kony to help us accelerate our digital transition so that we can better meet the needs of our cast members today and in the future.”
“For more than a century, Hancock and Whitney Bank has helped our Gulf South clients and communities achieve their financial goals and dreams. As part of our commitment, we want to deliver innovative solutions that engage our clients and drive significant improvements in client satisfaction,” said Jennifer Wilson, SVP and chief digital officer, Hancock and Whitney Bank. “With Kony’s market-leading platform, professional expertise and tenacious commitment to service, we can deliver beautiful and easy-to-use apps that delight our current clients and attract new clients. With Kony, Hancock and Whitney Bank has made a huge leap forward in our digital banking journey, and we look forward to leveraging the newest capabilities of Kony’s digital banking solutions.”
“Since 1934, our goal at PSECU has been to provide our members with the financial opportunities they need to achieve a better life,” said Greg Smith, president, PSECU. “Part of the commitment includes giving members account access whenever and wherever it’s most convenient for them. We partnered with Kony as part of our digital strategy to provide an omnichannel experience so members can do their banking the way that best suits their lifestyle and needs. We look forward to Kony’s Next Generation Digital Banking solutions to help us deliver the highest quality products and services to our members.”
To achieve its vision, Kony will provide banks and credit unions with one integrated digital banking solution that provides the benefits of a packaged app, without sacrificing ongoing agility, flexibility, or innovation. Kony is focused on providing banks and credit unions with the best of both worlds: faster time-to-market with less resources via pre-built omnichannel banking apps; and greater agility, flexibility, and security via next generation digital banking platform.
Kony’s Suite of Next Generation Digital Banking Applications: These are a set of unified omnichannel banking apps built on the Kony Digital Banking Platform, which address the needs of retail banking, loan origination, business banking, new user onboarding, digital payments and more. The pre-built apps allow banks to accelerate time-to-market, provide exceptional omnichannel experiences for members and customers, while at the same time reducing overall implementation costs and cost of ownership.
- Retail Banking – Manage accounts, transfer money, find ATMs and branches, deposit checks, and more from any channel
- Manage personal financial accounts anywhere, anytime
- Remote check deposit and view recent/pending deposits
- Easily automate transfers and bill payments
- Personal Financial Management to analyze spending patterns
- Ability to bridge physical and digital channels with ATM Cardless Cash
- Obtain help through self-service activities and virtual agents (ChatBot)
- Biometric authentication (facial, fingerprint, voice recognition capabilities)
- Business Banking – Empower business account holders to access engaging business banking services across channels
- Secure access
- Multi-account & multi-currency
- Cash management
- FX trading
- Easy customer onboarding
- Loans – Simplify and speed-up mortgage origination via frictionless digital experience
- Automatic data gathering
- Single sign-on
- Contextual Alerts
- Predictive intelligent analytics, including AI
- eSignature & electronic documents
- New User Onboarding – Acquire more customers by streamlining and automating the onboarding experience across channels
- Automatic form-filling
- Ability to continue the process across multiple channels
- Ability to complete the process in one session, on a single device or channel
- Built-in analytics to analyze abandonment rates and reasons
- Digital Wallet – Easy payments to friends or merchants using digital wallet and secure payment technologies
- Secure wallet for debit, credit, loyalty and gift cards
- Payments using NFC, barcode, QR code and BLE
- Contextual marketing offers
- Connects with wearable devices
- Ability to donate to participating charities
Kony Next Generation Digital Banking Platform – a purpose-built platform to enable banks to deliver seamless and differentiated experiences for their customers across banking services and channels – bridging the physical (branches, ATMs and kiosks) to digital (online banking and mobile apps). Kony’s Digital Banking Platform will enable banks and credit unions to deliver exceptional omnichannel experiences without compromising on agility, security, or flexibility. Key benefits of the platform:
- Faster time-to-market because of pre-built banking business objects that can be configured rapidly for new business processes
- Complete control over the banks’ own apps – allowing them to control their own roadmap and empower the business to innovate quickly
- Deliver differentiated experiences based on innovative digital technology, such as biometric authentication, chatbots and augmented reality
- Deliver truly native mobile and web experiences without limitations – all from a single code base, resulting in faster delivery and easier maintenance
- Powerful point-and-click tools which enables business users to extend apps, along with continuous integration, delivery, and automated testing capabilities to accelerate deployment cycles for IT
- Actionable intelligence from real-time analytics that monitors the user journey through the use of pre-built and customizable business reports and dashboards
- Open banking architecture with pre-built, third-party integrations, reducing the time and effort associated with integrating with back-end systems and third-party services
- Ability to leverage pre-built components for a wide range of services via Kony’s Digital Banking Marketplace
- 50-80 percent lower implementation costs compared to custom development
For more information:
- Visit Kony’s Next Generation Digital Banking landing page for a free demo and assessment: www.kony.com/digitalbanking
- See a demo at Kony’s MONEY 20/20 Booth (#31)
- Watch the Kony Digital Banking video www.kony.com/digitalbanking
- Download a complimentary copy of “The App Dilemma: Meeting the High Expectations of Business” here: http://bit.ly/2xMfEEg
Kony is a recognized leader in the enterprise mobility space. Recently, Kony was named the only Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile App Development Platforms Report for five consecutive years. In addition, Kony was named a “Leader” by independent research firm Forrester Research, Inc., according to The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms for AD&D Pros, Q4 2017 and Mobile Low-Code Development Platforms reports. Kony has also been named a “Leader” in the IDC MarketScape: 2017 North American Mobile Banking and Payments report, with the highest rating for Mobile Banking capabilities.
About Kony, Inc.
Kony is the fastest growing, cloud-based enterprise application and mobility solutions company, and a recognized industry leader among mobile application development platform (MADP) providers. Kony helps organizations of all sizes drive business ingenuity by rapidly transforming ideas into innovative and secure omnichannel applications. Built on the industry’s leading digital platform, Kony provides the most innovative and secure omnichannel applications, with exceptional user experience and app design. Kony’s cross-platform, low-code solution also empowers organizations to develop and manage their own apps to better engage with their customers, partners and employees. By seamlessly leveraging and connecting apps to all types of data sources and information, Kony also enables organizations to transform their business processes and gain valuable insight. Kony was named the first place winner in CTIA’s MobITs Awards in the Mobile Applications, Development & Platforms category and included on the Inc. 500|5000 list of fastest growing private companies in America.