VentureBeat is on the hunt for a passionate and consultative Account Executive to help sell big, custom campaigns and integrated marketing solutions to leading business and technology brands. This is about driving VentureBeat’s online, custom, and events business — already at the epicenter of the startup ecosystem and wider digital-tech revolution — to greater heights.
The role is at the heart of our organization: Advertising and sponsorship sales for VentureBeat’s website, events, and custom content marketing solutions ensure our success and continued growth. There’s a major growth opportunity here with huge market potential.
The position is located in San Francisco in our offices situated in the center of the financial district but will require some travel.
- Manage the full sales cycle from prospecting to close, selling VB’s full suite of digital advertising products and event sponsorships
- Fully understand and convey VB’s value proposition as well as relevant target clients
- Sell to net new customers as well as upsell and manage renewals with existing customers
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
- Provide continual cross-departmental input in order to refine positioning and adapt to new market opportunities
- Properly document and track all prospect and customer information in Salesforce.com
- Provide weekly sales forecasts to leadership team
- Meet assigned sales quotas
- 3+ years of technology sales experience in a revenue closing role with proven attainment
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Familiarity with digital media landscape is preferred
- Experience attending and selling event sponsorships is a plus
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Positive mental attitude with a willingness to learn and grow
- College degree
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.